Wednesday, March 26, 2008

old friends....


Oh, the comfort, the inexpressible comfort of feeling safe with a person, having neither to weigh thoughts, nor measure words, but pouring them all right out, just as they are-chaff and grain together-certain that a faithful hand will take and sift them, keep what is worth keeping and with the breath of kindness blow the rest away.
Dinah Maria Mulock Craik


i met her in north carolina...when i took my driver's test, i had to stop by the insurance office...that's where i met my friend. we hit it off immediately...we were both new to town, we had no children, were married to husbands with the same name, and discovered that we were sisters united in Christ. i'll never forget that day...it was the beginning of no ordinary friendship. we spent lots of time getting to know one another and when we had children, we spent lots of time making sure they knew one another. those days were magical...however, life did not stop for us...we now live in different places...different states...talk over the phone and see each other on occasion...BUT the memories linger and the ease of the friendship never changes...no expectations...no conditions...always accepting what is...nothing more.
I treasure you, my friend!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful, sweet surprise!! Your kind words brought tears to my eyes!! (Also, the picture of me helped!! Just Kidding...sort of) I am happy to be in a picture with my FOREVER, ETERNAL friend!! Thank you so much...you have made my day!! God has blessed you with so many talents. It's really exciting to see how you are sharing them with others! I love, love, love your blog/web site!! Your friendship is one of God's greatest blessings!! I do thank Him for you! I love you girl, Michelle

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad you shared this...I finally have a face to put with the name Michelle who's friendship you've told me about so many times!
You are so blessed to have her as a friend :)